Faking It

Faking It - Cora Carmack I’m loving this series.
This book didn't have the humor that the first book had but still was a great read. I wanted to read Cade's story to see his HEA after how things went for him in Losing It. So it was nice to see him fall for a girl who was so different on the outside though has the same core on the inside. I loved that he discovered love and grew and helped Max find and let her be herself. Max is like most girls they hide themselves or mold themselves into the person everyone wants them to be. She is still pretending to be this way for her parents so when they show up for a surprise visit. She picks Cade who would be the perfect guy to play her fake boyfriend. So it took her by surprise when she was attracted to a guy who she wouldn't have picked otherwise. I liked watching them both learn to trust and letting someone in that could end up destroying them. I will say I hated Max's parents (and sister-in-law) and how they dealt with the loss of one daughter and never really saw Max. It pissed me off towards the end on what they said and reacted. Despite my feelings for her parents I really enjoyed Cade and Max’s story and can't wait for the next book.